We are seeking a creative writer who can take complex topics and write about them in engaging and informative ways that resonates with our audience. You should be able to take an established brand voice, a strategy, and a particular medium, and be able to write grammatically correct and interesting copy under both short and long deadlines. While most of the writing will be shorter form: collateral, video scripts, social, headlines, websites, and even emails, there will also be some long form writing needed such as blogs and case studies. The ideal candidate, while having a marketing background, would have some experience in both.
You will also take part in ideation sessions with the rest of the creative team and be expected to bring good ideas to the table. While this job is within the marketing team, your copy will be used to support many other teams such community, operations, and business development
- Drafts copy for Marketing and Communications media including collateral materials, brochures, internal/external communications and group sales presentations while conveying a consistent brand image.
- Composes high profile copy including executive management presentations and speaking notes, speeches, white papers reports and other copy based deliverables.
- Revises, edits, proofreads and fact checks all copy to ensure accuracy of information and writing mechanics; updates, edits, and applies appropriate financial disclosure to materials.
- Effectively utilizes content management system(s).
- Participates in brainstorming sessions to generate ideas.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and competitor marketing and reputation management materials.
- Exhibits flexibility and professionalism while effectively managing multiple projects, quick turnaround times and client feedback/revisions.
- Supports search engine optimization by writing digital content that incorporates specifically chosen keywords and key phrases; and writing product descriptions.
- Develop articles and other content to support the organic search program.
- 2-5 years’ experience, B2B marketing experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or other related field. Masters preferred
- Ability to produce error-free content that adheres to the company’s style guidelines
- Ability to develop creative written materials from initial concepts, and to follow project from initial conception through execution.
- Excellent writing, editorial and grammar skills.
- Excellent presentation, communication and research skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and focused on accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team, and to liaise effectively with clients across the enterprise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Proficiency of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals;
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our Softheonites right here at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology (CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch of the information revolution (www.cewit.org)
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that includes health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, 401k and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and HCEG.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.