The Proposal Writer is an integral part of the bid and capture team. The Proposal Writer is responsible for researching and documenting internal information and drafting clear, concise, accurate and compliant Reponses to RFPs to present Softheon’s capabilities in a manner that differentiates us from the competition and clearly articulates our value proposition.
The Proposal Writer will join an existing team that has responsibility for managing the entire RFI/RFP process from the initial review, strategy setting with Sales, response coordination, production and final submission. General responsibilities include:
- Works directly with the Sales team and Director of Solutions Consulting to identify required content for responses and develop response strategy
- Responsible for creating a library of approved content and maintaining content to ensure it is updated on a continuous basis
- Reviews the RFI/RFP to identify any potential concerns or challenges and questions that need clarification from the client/consultant
- Effectively locates trends in previous RFPs for pre-approved documentation to address recurring content inquires and develop tailored responses
- Works with case-specific proposal response strategies, tasks list, and work plan
- Develops critical relationships across the organization (Sales, Operations, Finance, Product, Marketing, etc.)
- Engages with key SMEs to conduct research, develop appropriate content, and gather approvals
- Customizes questionnaire responses based on the case strategy and incorporates appropriate marketing messages
- Provides feedback and new Q&A to proposal content manager to ensure content is continuously groomed and updated
- Works collaboratively with subject matter experts throughout the company to develop new proposal materials and/or content
- Works collaboratively with other segments on RFP support initiatives.
- Identifies and documents areas for process improvement
- Participates in department projects and initiatives
- Reviews final documents for editing and content review
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in English, Communications, Information Systems or related field with a 3.2 GPA or higher.
- Minimum 1-3 years proposal writing experience, preferably within industry
- Demonstrated success in responding to public sector RFPs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create impactful business communications
- Proficient editing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Visio, Illustrator and Adobe Preferred
- Experience with Bid Management System or Proposal Management Systems
- Proficient with MS Office
- Project Management Skills
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals;
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our Softheonites right here at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology (CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch of the information revolution (www.cewit.org)
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that includes health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, 401k and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and HCEG.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.