Merchant Operations Business Development
Merchant Operations Business Development
Stony Brook, NY
You will be responsible for sourcing and signing significant and strategic customers. A commanding knowledge of the payments and technology ecosystems combined with exceptional sales acumen, closing complex sales deals with a long sales cycle will be critical to success. This position is with a newly formed team in an organization going through rapid growth, so the ideal candidate will be able to function well in rapid changing environments. Internal partnership development and management will b essential, as we are aligned with multiple internal stakeholders. Focus on companies to embrace digital transformation to be disruptors and avoid being disrupted, own, drive the strategy and lead the sales cycle.
Key Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Develop, pursue and push through to closing high value opportunities;
- Conduct detailed needs assessments for prospect platform partners focused on their business needs and strategic priorities;
- Evaluate Softheon Merchant product capabilities to form a solution to meet client needs and drive revenue;
- Create and execute relationship-based calling plans for longer term opportunities;
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above quota results based on successful pipeline management;
- Function as a business partner to stakeholders;
- Present the value of Softheon’s full suite of applications;
- Develop your own plan and a pipeline that will fuel the ongoing growth of your business enabling you to exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota;
- Identify and qualify new contacts, existing accounts and partners;
- Evangelize the Softheon vision and complete value proposition through customer meetings, product demonstrations, in-market events and account specific service terms;
- 5+years payment industry experience, preferably within SaaS;
- Sales and business development experience with technology firm;
- Ability to articulate complex technical capabilities to both technical and non-technical audiences;
- Experience working with complex payment models and building strategic initiatives with clients;
- Proven track record of exceeding goals/quotas;
- Fun and pleasant to work with, focused on collaboration to win, who will support their teammates;
- Sales professional who is inspired by the impact their and their company create for their clients
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals;
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our Softheonites right here at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology (CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch of the information revolution (www.cewit.org)
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that includes health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, 401k and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
When you join Softheon, you will:
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and HCEG.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.