Stony Brook, NY
The Business Analyst are individuals who are analytical, proactive and self-starting, can partner with the product management team and help in documenting and improving system processes. Someone who has a keen interest in removing bottlenecks and improving operational controls. reports on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recommendations to the product team as well as communicate key insights and finding to the product team. The Business Analyst is also someone who is constantly on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer.
- Oversee exception management of Merchant Solution;
- Investigate, analyze, and automate solutions to resolve data patterns and trends in exception queues;
- Complete operational items such as: Pre and Post QA for specific processes, development build testing, post-deployment validation, Customer Relationship Management tickets, and daily Team Foundation Server deliverables;
- Re-prioritize as needed when higher priority items are introduced (fire-fighting mode);
- Collaborate with Database Team to create coherent SQL requests for data analysis;
- Collaborate with Development Team to unit test and ensure product update is thoroughly tested prior to production release;
- Maintain Service level Agreements (SLA) daily and ensure enrollments are processed in a timely manner;
- Create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for newly implemented processes and workflow solutions;
- Create comprehensible design documents to accompany process enhancements and ensure inclusion and completion within sprint cycles;
- Effectively engage with external vendors through daily touch-point calls and communicate requests or issues as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suits with strong emphasis in Excel
- Ability to think critically and analytically
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to pay strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time while focusing on projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented, agile development environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher Business Administration, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Information Technology with a 3.5 GPA or higher. One to two years’ work or related internship experience preferred
- Experience with SQL preferred
When you join Softheon, you will:
- Have an opportunity to be part of a great team of professionals;
- Learn and work in an environment surrounded by our Softheonites right here at the Center of Excellence in Wireless Info & Technology (CEWIT) building at Stony Brook University, NY. CEWIT is an unparalleled resource, advancing the science and technology underlying the next epoch of the information revolution (www.cewit.org)
- Receive competitive salary and career growth opportunities that includes health care, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending, 401k and tuition reimbursement benefits package.
At Softheon we strive to create simple solutions to complex problems. Our innovative and easy-to-use products have revolutionized the way everyday people control their healthcare needs. Empowering the nation's first state health benefit exchange since 2008, Softheon's vision and strategic direction has designed five platforms to help our partners quickly adapt to industry standards, manage client data, and grow their membership, while never compromising the exceptional care they provide. In this highly dynamic industry, Softheon has maintained its position as a premier Business Process as a Service (BPaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, utilized by 37% of healthcare payers and having been responsible for 12% of ACA enrollments processed. Our platform has been ranked #1 in addressing the industry’s ever-changing regulatory demands and recognized by Gartner, IDC, AHIP, ACAP, and HCEG.
To find out more about Softheon please visit www.softheon.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Softheon does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Softheon employees or any other company location. Softheon is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.